MSSA Insight Series at cost - Contact Schalk van Vuuren
- 2018 Report: MSSA Estimates on number of active SMEs in South Africa with turnover and contribution to GDP. Press here.
- Farmer Circumstances Index for the past seasons and the expected 2017/18 season. Click here for more information
- Overview of Livestock Commercfial Farmers in South Africa. For more information click here
- Estimating the number of SMME's in South Africa 7th Edition 2016 analised by SIC, Province and Metro areas, contribution to GDP and turnover by SIC. For more information click here.
- MSSA Insight research report on Commercial Farmers Ton Fertilizer bought during 2015 and 2016
- Awareness of Co-ops/Agribusiness (2012 and 2014)
- Awareness of Seed co. amongst farmers (2012 and 2014)
- Awareness of Animal Health co. amongst farmers (2012 and 2014)
- Why Buy?: Mutton, Tomatoes (2011)
- Women's Voice Insight (2006)
- Emerging Farmer Insight (2003)
Papers presented at SAMRA by Schalk van Vuuren are free, on the provison that information found in the papers is properly credited to MSSA
MSSA media releases / Persvrystellings- For more information, contact Schalk van Vuuren for the release or click here.
Youth unemployment study: What they feel and think.
Youth unemployment is one of the major challenges in South Africa. The study estimates that about 3 million or 35% of the youth (18-34, narrow definition) are unemployed. The report uncovers some critical issues that organised business, labour and government should focus on for example obstacles unemployed experience, feelings and perceptions of not having a job, attitude towards decent jobs and what kind of jobs are needed to gain experience. The study also segments the unemployed market to better understand ways to communicate and support them. For a summary, findings and a press release click here.
â€‹Beyond Click-Counts Media Exposure Measurements is a research paper based on a survey done by MSSA with a sample of 2 000 South African consumers. These findings were presented by Van Vuuren at the 2003 SAMRA Convention. A condensed version appeared as an article, The Reach Dimension in MFSA's Journal of Marketing, Volume 9, No.6, 2003. For more information click here.
The paper, From quota to random sampling: Increasing the credibility of marketing research data, was delivered by Schalk van Vuuren at the SAMRA Convention in Swaziland. It provides valuable insights into the background of the various sampling methods around marketing research and the research activities marketing researchers are involved in. For more information click here.